Specialty 2-79 01 01 "Curative affair" refers to the educational profile "Health", to the direction "Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and organization of healthcare" specialty group "Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and organization of health care."
Specialization education provides qualification "Medical assistant-obstetrician. Doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care”
Medical assistant-obstetrician. Doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care is a specialist with secondary medical education, working independently (within its jurisdiction) or under the guidance of a doctor.
The type of training is full-time tuition on the basis of secondary education with the training period of 2 years and 10 months.
The sphere of professional activity of the specialist is: health care organizations, institutions of social service.
A medical assistant-obstetrician. Doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care must be ready to perform the following professional functions:
- to assess the patient's state, to ascertain cardinal symptoms of diseases and syndromes in patients;
- to diagnose emergencies and provide first aid;
- to perform material sampling for laboratory testing;
- to perform diagnostic and treatment medical prescription;
- to conduct case follow-up and rehabilitation of patients with different pathologies;
- to provide rehabilitative medical and social assistance to chronic patients, the elderly and the disabled;
- to master nursing manipulation techniques;
- to be able to organize homecare for patients, to instruct the patient and his/her family in care and self-care;
- to prescribe drugs through the use of drug handbook, to provide proper storage, inventory and write-off of drugs;
- to conduct HIV infection prevention;
- to conduct educative and propaganda activities on healthy lifestyle formation, , to provide advice to teenagers and young people on sex education and reproductive health;
- to monitor and to perform preconception training of women of childbearing age;
- to follow up and to examine gravidas, lying-in women, puerperas, gynecological patients;
- to detect early symptoms of pregnancy;
- to determine gestational age, delivery date and maternity leave date;
- to examine fetus state, determine fetal lie;
- to conduct easy delivery and to provide typical obstetric care;
- to identify risk factors for obstetric pathology, to recognize it and to determine medical assistant-obstetrician’s tactics;
- to provide emergency medical assistance in emergency obstetric and gynecological conditions;
- to conduct newborn initial treatment;
- to conduct neonatal resuscitation;
- to conduct newborn monitoring and care;
- to organize and carry out prophylactic immunizations of children and adults;
- to ensure the infectious safety of health care staff and patients;
- to possess communication skills;
- to observe work, operation safety and occupation hygiene requirements;
- to issue original medical documentation and statistical records.
General requirements on the medical assistant-obstetrician. Doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care: A medical assistant-obstetrician. Doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care should have good command of basic social and human sciences, have an idea about the processes and phenomena that occur in nature and society; know the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus, ethical and law standards governing the relations between people, society and the natural environment, to develop his own active citizenship; use professional vocabulary properly, be able to organize his or her work efficiently, apply information technology in professional activities; possess communication skills for professional and personal interaction, be able to analyze and make decisions ,be responsible for the results of work , realize the necessity of advanced training, self-mastery of extra knowledge in the field of professional activity.
Professional competence of medical assistant-obstetrician. Doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care.
To perform professional functions a medical assistant-obstetrician, doctor’s assistant in outpatient clinic health care should be competent in:
- goals and objectives for the conservation and health promotion of the population in the Republic of Belarus;
- healthcare organization and delivery system in the Republic of Belarus;
- normative legal acts and other documents on public health and health care;
- the organization of the organs, systems and physiological functions of the human body;
- health records and pathology;
- disease prevention;
- major syndromes of diseases and their complications diagnosis in adults and children;
- basic and advanced methods of patient examination;
- making out initial diagnosis and provision of emergency pre-hospital care for patients with different types of pathology;
- causes, pathogenic pathways, clinical implications, pre-hospital emergency aid in diseases, accidents and various types of injuries;
- provision of treatment and care domiciliary;
- medical rehabilitation;
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine;
- gerontology and geriatrics;
- measures of maternal and infant healthcare, perinatal fetal protection, reproductive health protection and promotion;
- methods of contraception;
- physiology and pathology of pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period, provision of emergency medical care in emergency obstetric and gynecological conditions;
- case follow-up and watchful waiting;
- immunization of children and adults;
- main groups of drugs, their effects on human body, methods of administration, indications and contra indications, potential complications, administration distinctions, including pregnant women, children, the elderly;
- phases of the nursing process, implementation of nursing care of patients with different pathologies;
- sanitary-hygienic and anti-epidemic measures organization;
- basics of labor law, technical normative legal acts regulating occupational safety and fire safety;
- organization and work towards healthy lifestyle formation;
- original medical documentation.
The educational standard