Specialty 2-79 01 31 "Nursing affair" refers to the educational profile "Health", to the direction "Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and organization of healthcare" specialty group "Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and organization of health care.
Specialization education provides qualification "Medical nurse"
Medical nurse – is a specialist with secondary medical education, working under the guidance of a doctor at a health care or child care establishment.
The type of training is full-time tuition on the basis of secondary education with the training period of 1 year and 10 months.
The sphere of professional activity of the specialist is: medical and preventive health care organizations, orphanages, preschool educational facilities, spa facilities and sanatoriums, institutions of social service, civil society organizations of the Red Cross formation, rehabilitation centers, and organizations related to medical care and health services.
A medical nurse must be ready to perform the following professional functions:
- to ensure compliance of medical disposal;
- to provide nursing care in hospitals and at home, to contribute to rehabilitation and health and social care of chronic patients, the elderly and the disabled;
- to assess the patient's state and to provide pre-medical care in acute illnesses and accidents in epidemic environment, focuses of mass destruction;
- to perform material sampling for laboratory testing and to perform simple laboratory analyses;
- to perform sterilization of instruments, dressings and patient-care items;
- to observe sanitary-hygienic and anti-epidemic regime in healthcare organizations;
- to observe the requirements of medical ethics and deontology;
- to conduct educative activities on healthy lifestyle, sex education, reproductive health, prevention of diseases, poisoning and accidents;
- to instruct the patient and his/her family in care and self-care, healthy lifestyle, emergency care and care for the sick and disabled people;
- to carry out public consultation on minimization of the influence of physical, mental, social, environmental, ethnic risk factors on the health of the patient (family);
- to issue of accounting and operational and statistical records;
- to interact with staff, patients and their families, to respect the rights of the patient;
- to use information technology.
General requirements on the medical nurse: a medical nurse should have good command of basic social and human sciences, have an idea about the processes and phenomena that occur in nature and society; know the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus, ethical and law standards governing the relations between people, society and the natural environment, and strive for the development of active citizenship, use professional vocabulary properly, be able to organize his or her work efficiently, apply information technology in professional activities; be ready to interact with colleagues at work, be able to analyze and make decisions ,be responsible for the results of work , realize the necessity of advanced training, self-mastery of extra knowledge in the field of professional activity.
Professional competence of a medical nurse
To perform professional functions a medical nurse should be competent in:
- history of nursing affair;
- goals and objectives for the conservation and health promotion of the patient at the present stage in the Republic of Belarus and international environment;
- health indicators and pathology;
- normative legal acts and other documents on healthcare, record management;
- the organizational structure of health care institutions;
- principles of labor legislations, rules and regulations of work and fire safety;
- the basics of Latin grammar and means of production of medical terms;
- the organization of the organs and systems of the human body;
- issues of the human body dysfunction;
- issues of the impact of genetic, social and ecological factors of the environment on human health;
- basic hygiene issues;
- knowledge of micro-organism properties, their extension, their impact on human health;
- main groups of drugs, their effect on the human body, ways of medicine administration, possible complications;
- principles of the organization and tasks of the medical service of civil defense;
- features of mental processes of healthy and sick people;
- ethical and deontological requirements in the interaction, " doctor - nurse - patient";
- phases of the nursing process, methods of implementation of nursing care, procedures of providing medical care to patients with various types of pathology in therapy, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, in infectious diseases, neurology, psychiatrics with addictology, dermatovenerology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, geriatrics , phthisiology;
- principles of anesthesiology and critical care medicine;
- principles of rehabilitation;
- age characteristics of physical and mental human fitness;
- modern treatment and preservation of human health techniques;
- adapting to environment, risk factor conditions.
The educational standard